Saturday, January 21, 2012

Cravings

San Pedro River Valley

Today I glance at my environs, where
The ether and amber of new uprisings have melted together.
(I have settled myself into a grey and brown expanse
Where King Arthur's sword avails not against smooth and liquid laughter.)

The fate of my safety depends upon a collapse into the sleeveless dreams of belief.

That marriage with the bottled earth took place
With resentment and searing pain, twinned in all time.
I believe I am blind to the surface of their awful haste.

Dead seraphim, guilt-ridden, grasping at enchantment in the
Faces of babies -- worldless and memorialized -- have fostered
Screaming jets whose many-colored angers draw me to
Places of panicked shivers.

I must essay the river's crossing, slipping on unnerving stones.
Nothing began this journey but awful hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go Ahead: Comment.