Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The anti-immigrant law in Arizona

People in Arizona, at least the part that I'm familiar with, the S.E. corner, tend to be rather uninformed at best about the world they live in, and oftentimes willfully ignorant if not racist.

What I know from living in the military town of Sierra Vista is that there is a great influence of 1) ex-Southerners, 2) ex-military, 3) conservative evangelicals and 4) an acceptance of unjust laws to the point of disconnection with reality.

Now, this, as far as I'm concerned is a great change over the last 30 years, in that town. I don't understand it, especially the acceptance of unjust laws.

Ranchers, militiamen, government officials and business owners tend to represent Arizona as the last redoubt of independence from government authority and tyrannical "liberalism."

Having lived there for the past two years, I think that half the problem, literally, is the hot sun baking everyone's head. There's no escape from it, and it leads people to think that it is their fate to suffer from a harsh environment, and further to blame Other People's lack of understanding of them for the conflicts that they (Arizonans) are causing.

Strength is causing a lot of anger. There's no justification for it.

There will be an international war over these changes in Arizona.

There will be stubbornness and fear and rage on each side.

Being here in N>Y> makes me realize that not everyone likes the pain that this law is causing.

Behind the mask of government officials is the reality that I am topped.



I know what it is to want other people to be like me.

I also know that there's no reason for them to be so.

My life demands of me that I simply let it be. The victors will find out that there is no death, only cruelty.


This is what is sad ("tragic.")

I do love happiness.

I do love home.

Being here is teaching me to feel.

And I am her as cruelty.


Never can I ever know fair charges.


Make love not war

The crime is the pain of knowing home.

I no longer know that.

May there be justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go Ahead: Comment.