Friday, March 12, 2010

Sonoran breathing-spell??

Right now I am at the Sierra Vista, Arizona city library with my mother attempting to digest the events of the last few days and communicate to my loyal readers what I think of those events and other aspects of life as I know it.

First, I've been told I'm too harsh on myself. I agree. I also know I talk too much about myself in these here pages. However, I have also noticed that, as RMM stated to me years ago, that whatever you say about others is what will prove true about yourself. I am, for instance, guilty of hatred and envy of others, especially for status, money, appearance, intelligence, and general savoir faire, and have been that way most of my life. I believe, though, at the same time, that it is not my fault: my negative feelings toward others stem from having turned inward on myself when I was a wee baby girl. So, I think there is hope.

Let's see, what else is there?

Sorry for the public crying jag.

I really want to say that life is beautiful.

Have I said that before?

NEXT!

So, having abandoned hope of absolute originality, let me say something about the setting in which I find myself. The world seems happy. The world seems full of kindness. The world is a likeable planet.

Also, I've begun reading, in addition to approximately 15 other books I'm reading, Reading Lolita in Tehran. I read it so far as a warning to revolutionaries everywhere to abandon purism and short-sighted anhedonism. I can certainly imagine that what happened in Iran 30 odd years ago could happen here, especially the defeat of alternative-lifestyle movements and groups and individuals. It is also a reminder and a warning ( to me) that belief in the power of literature and the imagination are necessary but perhaps not sufficient when battling a reactionary state is involved. I know that writing can be inspirational but it can't alone change what life appears to be becoming.

BE Careful.

Love,

c*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go Ahead: Comment.