Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Ahh, March!

What a promising month March is.

Here in the S.E. of Arizona we are having record high temperatures in the upper 70s. My angiogram was "normal." I will be going to a local writer's group in a few days. I've found myself understanding my mother a little better and have declared a break from everyday contact with someone who may not have my best interests at heart. His ex (who introduced me to him) likes my poetry. I believe I understand what it is I am trying to get from and give to men (and others). Now I just need to find something to do with my life, and be prepared for being on my own somewhere some day.

My injections are in abeyance while I wait to discuss my chest pains, which apparently are not cardiac, with my primary care doctor, a very attentive man who seemingly does little. I picked up a pack of cigarettes yesterday before getting another copy of the AZ drivers' manual. I've been in near constant contact with people (everywhere but this town) and I've had a record number of notifications on Facebook tonight (4!).

So apparently my mind is working, and my body is not too bad, either (heh!). I suppose I ought to enjoy the moment.

You know, of course, that Plato would have banned poets from his Republic, yet there are so many interrelations between poetry and philosophy that I would like to become more aware of and use in my writing. Both deal with De Res Natura [???] -- the nature of things. Both are adjuncts in my mind (tools) to heighten sensitivity to spiritual issues. (At least my spiritual issues). What is life? How is it lived? How do the dark and bright aspects of existence combine and influence one another? How is it that the common pursuits of humanity -- the pursuit of happiness -- have resulted in the pervasive conflicts among us? What is desire, and what place does it have in our lives? Etc.

I have become more in touch with my own will, CEG may be pleased to know, and probably RMM as well. There is beauty in determining what one desires to accomplish, which for me, if I can try to remember what I decided, has to do with being alive. I truly hope that the promise of these March days will reach fruition in spending my days in a worthwhile and happy fashion.

Next: Spring (Ostara).

P.S. I am hopeful that there will be beauty in your lives that will sustain you through the Wheel of the coming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go Ahead: Comment.