Sunday, May 1, 2011

Belonging

The act of being alive is not a procedure made of parts that anyone can separate or analyze. It is not even an act but a manifestation of birth and Nature that one cannot "get behind" because it is what constitutes each of us, animate or inanimate, mineral or vegetable, human or animal.

I am happy to say that as a human, I love the inclusion that the relationships I have offer. I am glad that I do not have to stand apart, that I can always rely on warmth being there. It is incumbent on me to share this with others.

This love, which is the element in which I live, if I am willing to accept it, brings security and certainty where otherwise there would be fear and stress.

This love is the source of the intellectual and religious institutions that offer a way back to one's own humanity.

Dreams of freedom are safety.

Thanks, Mom.

Love someone different today. Love yourself. Be kind.


I wish to live.


Happy Beltane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go Ahead: Comment.