Sunday, February 3, 2013

Intsy Wintsy Jintsy Poo

Sometimes -- such as now -- I feel like the way to my being is covered in sandpaper of the roughest sort. 

Cuffing myself, taking myself by the ear, washing my mouth out with soap, go against the grain and lead not to more and better self-expression, but more recalcitrant feelings.  I'll leave this "discussion" to another time.

I wish to say, instead, that I am relieved to know that my readers have taken an interest in my mother's well-being.

I promised myself I would not write about her.  I suppose that I need to take stock of the present now, and not analyze everything through its effect on me.  That is why I am going to converse with one or two of you today.  I need "clarity and perspective."  I need ANSWERS, Spock/Bones/Scotty.

Right now her back hurts and I am leery of her taking too much tylenol as that can cause liver damage.

I'm going to urge her to go to the hospital emergency room so they can give her a better prescription.

A year or so ago they gave her hydrocodone and a muscle relaxer, neither of which really relieved her pain, she said, though she persisted in taking them.  They diagnosed her as having arthritis, so there really isn't much they can do.  Times of more intense pain have been sporadic until now, though she says it always hurts, when she moves in particular.

Maybe acupuncture would help.  I'm ready for any suggestions.

Since there isn't much to say other than I am trying to make sense of what is happening, which doesn't help much, I will stop right here.

Blessed Imbolg.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Go Ahead: Comment.