Thursday, April 14, 2011

Marching To Muse

What does it matter if there is no good?

What are the limits to desire?

How does change, unbroken and incessant, produce happiness?

How can one overcome arrogance with humility and consideration WITHOUT being a doormat for everyone else?

When is community the determining value, and when is individuality? What is the source of the split between the two and how may we rejoin them?

I think a lot of these questions proceed from not being active with anyone or anything except my mental condition(s) and my relationship with my mother.



Writing about these subjects makes me question why I bother. I don't believe that being paid is my motivation.

I don't know what treating myself like I'm stupid is going to help. I go to this remark simply because it seems like no one that has change as a value is interested in basing themselves in the intricate and obscure sources of the human condition. It seems that most people who ARE trying to understand what it is to be human also like to lecture that nothing can or should change when in fact there is nothing but change. It seems also that most people who are interested in change would prefer to forget that human beings often have little or no contact with what makes even themselves tick. There are so many yearnings that can sweep people along and leave them unsatisfied, disappointed, or even destroyed.

Seeking justice through change is a very tricky undertaking. Usually to achieve justice people set up rigid and merciless structures to crush their opponents or to achieve political dominance by taking on the face of vindication of the rights of some to punish those who have done them wrong.

We are back to what is good?

If, as I have been claiming elsewhere that happiness is good then how is it that those who purport to bring happiness are often the most ruthless, destructive or self-destructive people?

How has the constitutionally approved pursuit of happiness in this country led to despair, separation and instability for so many?

In part one needs historical answers which I think relate to the continued presence of social inequality, which I can only make some sparse comments about given that I am not a member of either of the two great contending classes but rather a marginalized person with an unusual set of dispositions.

Those who seek "Lasting" change must acknowledge firstly that everyone who is involved, which means everyone, is a human being with an interior, an exterior, a past, present and future.

To my mind the easiest way to proceed is to also bring cruelty out into the open,not by name-calling but by giving it love until it collapses of its own accord. I believe this works partially with me. Secondly there is the fact that no one can escape ultimate scrutiny for the very fact that the universe consists of parts which make up a whole and those parts leave definite traces on the whole and on other parts. People who try to get away with harming others think nothing is watching when in fact the whole universe is a living consciousness in which the supposedly hidden oftentimes is more obvious than all the surface presentations that one or more may care to make of themselves.

I love people loving change.

I just don't believe that change is free.

If it were, then it would have happened already.

Speaking of possibilities of NONlinear time, I ask to like home for its freedom.

Maybe home can be freely provided even if change cannot, at least the kind that leads to human happiness.

Confusion, bewilderment, recognition, that this is not all about us humans. How did I forget that?

Thence to: dresses. Why did I like them so much, and why can't I wear them now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go Ahead: Comment.