Monday, July 4, 2011

Poor Writing

I really understand that, traditionally, writing is an art, a craft, a skill, that requires constant revision, as well as clear organization and expression. I know that nearly always that I fail to meet that standard and rely instead on a "stream-of-consciousness" method that does not well convey either ideas or events which surround this subjective self-narrative, thus confusing and/or boring the reader.

I believe that I must begin to take into account the needs of others to understand what I am trying to say.

However, words which have a clear focus and deployment on the page often are opaque with regard to inner states, which I believe are the source of human response to outer occurrences. In life, we all have a running perception of what we are doing, how and why we are doing it, particularly when it comes to emotional and spiritual realities which often underlie the actions we take. I do not wish to run on with this other than to say, that, as my goal is to find and convey what is common to all of us, in order to bring greater mutual understanding and self-acceptance, that sometimes I have gone to extreme disconnection as a means of knowing the impulses and self-awareness that make up my personality both for me and for others. I hope that I can find a better, more readable way of combining what it is I am living and what is observably present for others so that somehow understanding can flourish and anyone can come away from reading these artifacts of consciousness with pleasure more than frustration or confusion.

Thank you.

And furthermore... A cross between need and peace is feeling. Doesn't that make sense?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go Ahead: Comment.