Saturday, October 2, 2010

June 27, 1969

A national holiday

Private answers made to feel love
A flow to kindness; mothers call their children

Everyone can teach what they are to all their families
A feeling that you can love like you want

Me go to the Street where dancing queens give freedom
I see one woman, one man, one child, one parent

She reaches for my love and tells me where I will find her
She has been in the painful places and she is a friend.

Mother creator, Father lover, Sister friend, Brother provider
There's strength here, there's power in the Street, River, Sky

We are spilling from the building into our lives.
We are making magick of revolutionary love.

You will dance at the Stonewall Inn, where the police will raid you.
You will throw your coins into one flame; you melt me into merriment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go Ahead: Comment.