Monday, October 24, 2011

Goth, Moth, Wroth, etc.

I am very pleased to know that a certain CEG will be hosting a radio show with Goth music this October 30.

The show will be on WIOXradio.org, or 91.3 WIOX FM, community radio, Roxbury, New York.

I went out in Goth attire exactly once and found an extreme lack of hostility towards me. It was really quite refreshing and energizing and encouraging. Perhaps I will attempt to purchase some death-white makeup and heavy black pencils to repeat the occasion.

I am really glad that there's a way to deal with morbidity other than mental and emotional obsession. Maybe this is what I need to do.

I used to occasionally go to what was supposed to be a Goth bar in Brooklyn. There were all kinds of people from punk to motorcyclists. The music was loud and overwhelming. I used to of course obsess with picking people up there but I dont think I ever did. Of course the contradiction here is that it takes money to drink at a bar so I participated in the contradiction by occasionally having enough money to do so. It's hard really to be downtrodden when you're spending 3, 5 or 7 dollars a pop.

Legitimately, it's okay to pursue some forms of intoxication, but realistically you have to know your limits and stick to them. I could usually do neither.

I wonder if the bars in New York still get the clientele they used to get. Probably not, given the great recession. I wonder if the 99%ers ever get wasted. My opinion of the ones they show on the news is that they dont understand that they are being provoked to provoke and thereby be beaten down. I think that even billionaires are human and its our job to remind them of it, not necessarily only be outraged at the ways they are treating us. That's what I've learned from knowing a few well off people. They are afraid and need reassurance and love from everyone. Its not so easy to practice when you're full of anger.

But blindness on the side of the 99%ers is no excuse to follow the Fox line and fall on the sword of one's supposed economic unworthiness and live in poverty for the sake of profit. That's my opinion and you're welcome to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go Ahead: Comment.