Monday, September 27, 2010

A way to rest

U.S. liberalism claims constantly to promote freedom around the world. There are a nauseating number of examples of U.S. government actions that contradict this.

Apparently U.S. imperialism is making itself felt once again internally in the recent raids in the Midwest, California and North Carolina.

To me, it is very important to clearly understand why these actions have occurred now, in order to better grasp the political terms on which the U.S. government is acting, and the nature of the Obama administration with respect to security forces and to democratic aspirations of people in the U.S. and elsewhere.

To state the obvious, the "anti-terror" mission seems to be becoming an arm of broad policies which aim against any actions -- even actions of U.S. citizens that don't involve terror in the sense of anti- U.S. civilian attacks -- which counter U.S. government foreign policy priorities. This brings home the question that Iraqis and Afghanis have faced since the great broadening of the anti-terrorist campaigns that have taken place since 9/11: who is most to be feared, the U.S. government or its "enemies"?

News media have sometimes focused on the corruption and power-seeking factionalism taking place within countries which are hosts to U.S. influence. However, they do not take a broad view in which corruption and power-seeking in this country are part of, and even mainstays of such behavior worldwide. The fact is that the powerless many are subject to the powerful few everywhere.

American military power, American economic power, and American political power are all avenues via which social elites in America work with social elites elsewhere to, as it were, "keep down the multitudes."

Now, within this perspective, the fact is that the U.S. ruling class, its "enemies" and its allies, are precisely the same people. There are shifts of factions, there are changes in bargaining power and even outright conflict among them, but basically they are all people who live off the labor of others. As a social group, they constitute a reality within human biology. They may identify themselves as commanders, employers, leaders, experts, etc., but they are all the ones who offer terms to other people which condition the lives they are allowed to live. In short, they are the owners of other people, whether through physical coercion, the wage mechanism, intellectual domination and confusion or otherwise.

They are the ones who divide to conquer.

From this perspective, they are all ultimately to be feared, and that is, in practice, their strategy: rule through fear and intimidation.

The suicide bombers, the paramilitaries, the nationally oppressed, the militarily occupied, the fiery opposition to U.S. domination, MAY OR MAY NOT fall within this category. It is impossible to know them for who they are without observing their actions AND their motives. At bottom, it is the lovelessness, their emotional and personal sterility which define them.

Labor is an act of love for others, not primarily an economic category.

I don't believe that under these circumstances that an analysis of any kind can work. The love for your neighbor is the bedrock of community, of action for change. This love is not bounded by any political definition.

So how does this relate to the F.B.I. raids on political activists in the here and now?

Tensions that I have relied upon and created in order to distract myself and others from my own culpability do not make me truthful.

I like the way that change makes people teach good. It's better to know that feelings make life strong. I feel that I can be strong. The strong are gentle, and I need to live for that kindness that only I can give.

I do not believe that strength to my home can bring the Goddess hope.

Feeding on change is perilous. Crackheads do not make friends treat them like the Goddess.

I need love. I know that feeling of wanting friends.

The F.B.I. does not free my mind or my hopes. Loss is making me feel that I helped too much to pretend that I made good for my friendships.

There is no understanding that pretension is fucked up. Dread the people who fear change.

Change will win, not pretense.

Men that make cruelty are playing change as a way to free love for their truth. I believe that my mother is doing what I bet she wanted, and that is, making hope for me and for love.

I have taken cruel advantage. The F.B.I. must ask why it needs to think it is protecting life when no one needs friendships to be poison.

Make change, not pain.

Make yourself the one who gives: solidarity makes flow president; pissed creativity is no one's pest. I want a fool to know that change makes failure happen and darkness.

Know that a guidance for strong life is bringing charges because the Goddess finds mothers home.

No friends make fear a gentle flow.

There's no congeniality when change is made as tough.

All sides turn to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go Ahead: Comment.