Monday, November 29, 2010

The competition at the door

Oh shit!

The Books are here that I ordered from Amazon:
Poetry for the Millennium

They are two days early; only one is missing.

They make me nervous and anxious, though
yesterday was my birthday.

They make me want to write
a poem.

This one is vast, careless, without manners.

This one makes me feel that I have cried for a long time
but not long enough.

I know that when I write I will engender a fabulous
comprehension

It will create in my reader the knowledge that all is
pre-destined, in the sense that you and I have made choices

They corral me further into a charitable institution

They reek of tension.

They want me to dream freely of heaviness made sensible.

I will not light these books on fire
I will not smoke them in my pipe.

I will bring love and time.

I believe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go Ahead: Comment.